[tabby title=”About 4-H”]
4-H is a community of youth, ages 5-18, learning leadership, citizenship and life skills!
- 4-H is the largest out-of school youth development program in the nation.
- 4-H involves the whole family and spans across generations.
- 4-H is not just for kids. Adult volunteer 4-H leaders provide guidance, knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm that help 4-H members as well as communities.
In 4-H, you will…
- Take part in club meetings and activities with friends.
- Learn to present educational demonstrations.
- Develop citizenship and leadership skills to take action and make a difference in your community.
- Master new skills through hands-on project work and record keeping.
- Have fun at camps, fairs, and contests!
[tabby title=”Join Elbert County 4-H”]
- CALL ELBERT COUNTY EXTENSION FIRST 303-621-3162
- Elbert County traditional 4-H membership occurs via internet through 4HOnline.com. Elbert County’s traditional enrollment season runs from mid-October through December 31.
- Elbert County offers traditional 4-H membership in a Community 4-H Club. Families choose a community 4-H club and attend monthly club meetings where members give demonstrations, plan community service activities, and conduct 4-H business.
- Cloverbud members, ages 5 to 7 are activity based and participate at meetings and events throughout the year.
- Traditional 4-H members, ages 8 to 18 select project(s). Each project will have a record book to complete. Projects involving animals or shooting sports have additional requirements.
- Prior to December 31, the enrollment fee and any 4-H manual fees need to be paid directly to the club you have joined.
[tabby title=”4-H Family Guide Book”]
[embeddoc url=”https://elbert.extension.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2019/09/FamilyGuide-08-21-2019.pdf” download=”all”]