4-H is a community of youth, ages 5-18, learning leadership, citizenship and life skills!
- 4-H is the largest out-of school youth development program in the nation.
- 4-H involves the whole family and spans across generations.
- 4-H is not just for kids. Adult volunteer 4-H leaders provide guidance, knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm that help 4-H members as well as communities.
In 4-H, you will…
- Take part in club meetings and activities with friends.
- Learn to present educational demonstrations.
- Develop citizenship and leadership skills to take action and make a difference in your community.
- Master new skills through hands-on project work and record keeping.
- Have fun at camps, fairs, and contests!
Join Elbert County 4-H
- CALL ELBERT COUNTY EXTENSION FIRST 303-621-3162
- Elbert County traditional 4-H membership occurs via internet through 4HOnline.com. Elbert County’s traditional enrollment season runs from mid-October through December 31.
- Elbert County offers traditional 4-H membership in a Community 4-H Club. Families choose a community 4-H club and attend monthly club meetings where members give demonstrations, plan community service activities, and conduct 4-H business.
- Cloverbud members, ages 5 to 7 are activity based and participate at meetings and events throughout the year.
- Traditional 4-H members, ages 8 to 18 select project(s). Each project will have a record book to complete. Projects involving animals or shooting sports have additional requirements.
- Prior to December 31, the enrollment fee and any 4-H manual fees need to be paid directly to the club you have joined.
4-H Club Name
|Main Club Leader||Regular Monthly Meeting|
|Elbert Creekside||Jo Cornelius, 720-989-4324||1st Sunday @ 3 pm, Elbert Christian Church|
|Timber Ridge||Shelly McIntyre, 303-627-3817||1st Wednesday @ 6 pm Elbert School *Usually*
*Meeting may be moved due to conflicting school schedule
|Gold Creek||Becky Leach 720-470-4148||3rd Monday @ 6:30 pm, Harvest Bible Church|
|High Plains||Sarah Klassen 303-868-8389||2nd Thursday @ 7 pm, Running Creek Elementary|
|Rattlesnake||Colleen Freund 303-841-7901||3rd Monday @ 6:45 pm, Rattlesnake Fire House|
|Running Creek||Jim Carriker, 303-898-4259||1st Monday@ 7 pm, Elizabeth Middle School
Meeting moves to 2nd Monday if 1st Monday is a holiday
|Sun Country||Jill Parker 303-646-0347||3rd Wednesday @ 6:30 pm, Singing Hills Elementary
December & March meetings move to the 2nd Wed. to accommodate SHE
|Comanche Creek||Talynn Allen 303-807-2595||1st Sunday @ 6:30 pm, Fairgrounds, Ag Building|
|Kiowa Community||Vicki Hutson 303-898-9720||1st Monday @ 7 pm, Kiowa High School|
Eastern Plains Area
|Rural Rustlers||Krista Rector, 719-764-2450||** Sunday @ 4:00 pm, Matheson Community Church|
|Deer Trail Eagles||Jo Sickendick 303-641-0039||3rd Thursday @ 5p.m., Deer Trail Grace Baptist Church,|